Sunday, November 25, 2012

Detective Raghu.The Book


‘Raghu the Detective’ is a book comprising of seven short stories.

When I commenced writing the detective book ‘Detective Raghu’, I had a vague idea of where it should be based. Having lived in Bombay I was clear it would be beyond me to place the character in that Metropolis. It is too grim and dark in many ways. And my stories would lurch to the ubiquitous ‘noir’ genre. I wanted a mild flavour of the darkness and Bangalore did raise that feeling in me.

The book comprises of short stories. It was to keep the attentions span of the present day reader under no stress. I write so people will read it. I have to take that factor into consideration. I have no other consideration. 
I took generous help from the Mr Google, is an understatement. Others whose help and reference I have accessed, their sites or their blog are as listed below.
I would like to thank many folks out there whose blogs and article I have accessed in my reference to writing. Some I have managed to write to personally to thanks and some I will when I get their lawyers notice.
Those whom I did write were generous in their help and considerate. I would want to tip my hat to you all.

I am in the process of short listing the offer I have from the few publishers I have approached. In case they consent I would like to offer one of the short stories for download.
Gopal loaf’s the streets of city, and does he loaf, the url will give you an indication. He records them in a documentary sort of view.

Somesh does fine illustrating and gives a perspective of the city from a watched world in slow motion.

Paul Fernandes is someone I would have been if I was an illustrator and living in Bangalore.

A visitor from overseas who has done a bit of street walking and provides an architecture reference of old Bangalore

Since I have my central character a foodie it became important to get some close look at the food available in Bangalore street.

bangalorefoodreview.com

Ron provides a world of how Bangalore lived in the sixties, during the Beatles and pot smoking world of the west.


A very useful resource for looking at Bangalore. It is I guess a emagazine.

As my detective travels I need to look at other place for reference.

Sankara lives the good life of a true traveller, following his path itself would make life fun for a true wanderer.

Manmadhan writes a blog that would do justice to a doctorate or a dean of history. Great place to find out about Kerala, in terms of its history, without much fret. Not to mention many other things apart from Kerala are there and make interesting read.

In case you desire to get a quick colloquial Kanada on the go curse word or other wise. Spend a few days and sound like a native.
http://bengaloorubanter.blogspot.in/2007/06/bengalooru-slonguaze-dictionary.html

No comments:

Post a Comment