Monday, November 26, 2012

Evolution of the book ‘Detective Raghu’ the book.


There were 12 short stories I had thought of over a couple of days. It was meant for a comprehensive graphic novel. Each of those short stories would occupy a set of twelve odd pages. The time and cost were not the challenges. The fear was the nascent readership of Graphic Novel in India. It just didn’t make sense though I and a close friend of mine, Gopi, had begun working on the look and feel of the book.
So we abandoned it. It lay on the hard disk for a year. It was then I was motivated by another friend to write a book. It was a political thriller I had in mind. Since its premise lay on actual events of the Sir Lanka civil war it needed a substantial amount of research and trawling. I gave it a pause and decided to get Raghu the break to test the waters of publishing.

There was this sadness of having abandoned the original idea for me. especially for Gopi as he is a fine artist and illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment